How to Change Your Password on a Mac
Changing Your Laptop Password on a Wentworth provided Apple Laptop
- Go to http://password.wit.edu
- Complete the form to change password
- Leave Domain as WIT
- Your Network username (not including @wit.edu)
- Old Password is your current password
- Choose a New Password
- Re-enter New Password to confirm
- At least 8 characters long
- Does not match any of your previous 6 passwords
- Does not contain your username, first, or last name
- Contain a character from 3 of the following 4 groups
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numerals (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters ($ % ^ &)
- If your password meets the requirements you will see “Password Successfully Changed.”
Windows Side Computer Password
The next time you’re on campus, plug into the network with a network cable and restart your computer to the Windows side. Login using your new password to sync it with your laptop.
Mac Side Computer Password
Your local Mac side computer password (for software update, installing applications, etc.) will not automatically be changed by this process. It is highly recommended that you also change this password to avoid confusion and maintain system security.
Password Change on Local Mac Accounts
- Open System Preferences and the Users & Groups pane
- Select your account and click “Change Password”
- Type in your in your old local Mac password and your new password twice.
- Click “Change Password”
After you change your password and connect to LeopardSecure, you will be prompted to enter your new password.
If you are still unable to connect to LeopardSecure, you will need to edit the wireless profile manually.
- To do this click on the wireless icon in the top right corner and click on “Open Network Preferences…"
- Ensure AirPort is highlighted on the left tab, and click on Advanced.
- Locate and select LeopardSecure icon and click the minus icon, then click OK
- Click Apply
- Turn off Wi-Fi, then turn it back on
- Now click the bar to the right of "Network Name"
- And select LeopardSecure. It may take a few seconds for any networks to appear.
- After selecting LeopardSecure, you will be prompted to enter your Network credentials.
If you are using Outlook or Apple Mail, it will prompt you for a password. Make sure the username includes @wit.edu, enter your new password and check remember password.
Outlook Email for Mac
- Open Outlook and go to Preferences under the Outlook menu.
- Click the Accounts button
- Type in your new password in the password field
- Close the window for the changes to be applied.
- With the Finder selected, click Go on the Menu bar, and choose Connect to Server...
- The Server Address is smb://print.wit.edu/ for Macs running "Mountain Lion" which is version 10.8, or anything older. If you are running Mavericks, which is 10.9, the address is cifs://print.wit.edu/
- Click the + icon to add the server to your favorites
- Enter your Network username and password, and check the box to remember this password in my keychain. Please note, your local Mac username may auto populate in the 'Name' field. Make sure you replace it with your Network username.
- After clicking Connect, choose Mac_Printers
- Double click which printers you want to add. It may be easier to view this list via column view.
- A white command line window will appear each time you add a printer. An installer may appear. If the installer appears, you will be prompted to enter your local Mac password during the installer.
The first time you print to each print, the job will be put on hold for authentication. Click a circular arrow to resume the print job, then enter in your Network credentials.