Service Request Guide
Guide to Requesting Services
The Physical Plant Department has a request submittal service called “MySchoolBuilding.com”. This service allows you to submit work request electronically directly to the Physical Plant Department via the internet. Please choose from the categories listed below to determine how to handle your request.
Faculty and Staff
Requester status for submitting a work request is controlled by each Department Head for their respective staffs. Please forward your request to the designated individual(s) in your department for submission. Maintaining this submittal process will ensure that your department head approves request, as well as enabling the system to electronically notify requesters of the job status.
Requester status for submitting a work request is granted to RAs by the RD for each residence hall. Please forward your request to your RA or RD in your dormitory for submission. Maintaining this submittal process will ensure that your Resident Director has approved the request, as well as enabling the system to electronically notify requesters of the job status.
If the issue you are reporting is a Health and Safety emergency, please contact the Physical Plant ServiceLine at (617)989-4555 or Public Safety at (617)989-4400.
User's Guide for Submitting a Work Order in "MySchoolBuilding"
To submit your work requests fill out the following form:
- Your First Name, Last Name, Email, and Phone, will automatically be entered. Verify your identity by choosing the “YES” button.
- Choose your Location, Area and Area/Room Number.
- Select the Problem Type that best describes your issue. For example, if a toilet is leaking, that would be a plumbing issue. Once you click on a problem type, the page will refresh and your problem type will be highlighted with a red circle.
- If this is an emergency, check the Maintenance Emergency check box below the problem types list and immediately contact the Physical Plant ServiceLine at (617)989-4555
- Describe your Problem or request.
- Enter the Requested Completion Date (optional). Click the calendar icon next to the date field to choose a date from a calendar.
- Enter your Submittal Password*. This password is provided only to individuals selected by their department head to submit work requests.
- Please provide as much detail as possible when filling in the request form. If any problems arise, please contact the Physical Plant ServiceLine at (617)989-4555 for assistance.