Laptop Battery and AC Adapter Replacement Policy
Updated June 1, 2017
- Wentworth issued laptop computers and A/C chargers/adapters have a manufacturer’s warranty covering manufacturing defects only, not physical damage or loss.
- Batteries for these laptops have a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Wentworth provides replacement batteries and AC chargers/adapters only when they are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. (Note that Apple chargers/adapters must be replaced by visiting the Apple Store).
- Wentworth may, subject to available funds, on a one time basis replace a battery that is out of warranty after Help Desk staff complete diagnostic tests to confirm that the battery will not hold a charge (displays "red zone" status on Technology Services test components). Students must bring a laptop with the battery that is out of warranty to the Help Desk for testing and possible replacement.
- Students are responsible for replacing lost, stolen, or damaged batteries, and AC chargers/adapters.
- Third party (non-branded) batteries and power cords are acceptable replacements; students can purchase either branded replacements or third party replacements, either through the Laptop program web site or from other sources.
Best practices for maintaining battery life: