US Green Building Council and LEED
Recognizing the growing green building industry and its connection to our academic focus areas, Wentworth is affiliated with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) and offers opportunities to promote career development.
LEED Exam Preparation
This non-credit spring seminar provides a review of green building fundamentals and the USGBC LEED rating system. Students who complete the course will be eligible to take a LEED exam to earn a professional credential (LEED Green Associate). For more information, contact Professor Larry Decker.
USGBC Student Chapter
The Wentworth Green Team is also a USGBC Student Chapter. Students receive benefits such as:
- Free online training courses in green building fundamentals (LEED 101 and 102). Email sustainability@WIT.edu for access.
- Discounts on LEED AP accreditation
- Resources to help you prepare for a LEED exam and build your resume with green building experience.
- Participate in nationally organized green building and sustainable campus events (Green Apple Day of Service, Campus Conservation Nationals)
Click here to join the Green Team.
Resources for Employees
As an organizational member of USGBC, Wentworth employees have access to benefits including:
- Involvement in USGBC committees & working groups to accelerate the green building movement
- Access to online material such as webcasts and LEED online courses
- Discounts on education, publications, exams, Chapter membership & Greenbuild registration
To access these resources, create a USGBC online account and search for "Wentworth Institute of Technology" as the member organization
USGBC Massachusetts Chapter
Students, faculty, and staff are all welcome to connect with the USGBC Massachusetts Chapter, and gain access to the local community of business professionals, students and advocates for green building in Massachusetts. USGBC Massachusetts hosts numerous activities including regular reviews of LEED building concepts and networking events. The USGBC Massachusetts Chapter is located in downtown Boston.