Wentworth’s commitment to sustainability has been recognized nationally, regionally and locally. Listed below are a selection of awards received by Wentworth and its community members:
- 2013: Associate professor of Architecture, Manuel Delgado, wins the La Carlota design competition for his proposal of a sustainable urban park to be built in Caracas, Venezuela.
- 2012 - 2013: Participation in co-curricular education campaigns such as RecycleMania and Campus Conservation Nationals in recent years, leading to a 20% increase in pounds recycled per student among the winning residence halls in an internal recycling competition, and over 45,000 pounds of materials recycled campus-wide during a ten-week period in 2012.
- 2012: Featured in the Princeton Review’s Guide to the Top 322 Green Colleges, reflecting the broad spectrum and high quality of Wentworth’s sustainability initiatives.
- 2011: Project STRIVE, our unique recycling program, has been recognized with awards such as the The Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Exemplary Employer Award, Citation by The Presidents Committee of Employment of People with Disabilities, and the Silver Award from MassRecycle.
- 2011: Classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in Curricular Engagement as well as Outreach and Partnerships.
- 2011: Recognized by the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll five times for exceptional service learning and civic engagement programs.
- 2007: Our EPA-recognized commuter benefits program, supporting public transit and other alternative modes of transportation (more than half of all commuters do not drive).