Tuition Rates Academic Year 2015-2016
- Undergraduate Tuition per credit rate: $465
- Undergraduate Tuition per credit in a Day Course**: $960
- Master of Science in Construction Management per credit rate: $1,100
- Master of Science in Facilities Management per credit rate: $1,100
- Master of Science in Technology Management per credit rate: $1,100
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering per credit rate: $1,200
Your E-Bill will be available for you to view within an hour after your class registration is accepted. You may follow the steps below to access the E-Bill through LConnect.
- Log onto LConnect at http://lconnect.wit.edu
- Click on Leopard Web
- Click on “Student” tab
- Click on “E-Bill”, and select the current term from the pull-down menu
Online payment can be made through E-Bill. Complete payment options can also be found on our website.
Individual courses with tuition greater than $1,000.00 may qualify for a 3-payment plan. You can now enroll in the 3 payment plan online using the payment links through your e-bill. Please use the following link if you need step by step instructions on how to enroll in the 3 payment plan.
Please note the following Terms and Conditions of the 3-payment plan:
- Some degree programs do not qualify for 3-payment plans. If you have questions please contact us at 617-989-4020.
- We reserve the right to reject a 3-payment plan request if you have defaulted on a plan in the past.
- A signed 3-payment plan contract and the 1st payment are due by 6:00PM to us in the Student Service Center one business day after you register for class.
- 3-payment plan contracts can only be honored through official Add/Drop Period
3 Payment Plan - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign up for the 3 Payment Plan?
• You can sign up for the 3 Payment Plan online through your E-bill. More detailed information can be found on our website: http://www.wit.edu/ssc/forms/index.html
2. Who is eligible for the 3 Payment Plan?
• Student enrolled in courses longer than 7 weeks and with a balance greater than $1,000 may be eligible for the 3 Payment Plan.
3. How do I cancel my 3 Payment Plan?
• If you wish to cancel your 3 Payment Plan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and Wentworth student id number. Any outstanding balance on your account will be due immediately upon cancellation.
4. Can I make a payment towards my 3 Payment Plan at the Student Service Center?
• Any payment that you wish to count towards your 3 Payment Plan must be paid online through your E-bill. There are self-service computers available in the Student Service Center.
5. My financial aid does not cover my entire balance. Can I sign up for a 3 Payment Plan?
• If you qualify for financial aid and still have a balance greater than $1,000, you may be eligible for the 3 Payment Plan. Please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
6. Are there any fees associated with the 3 Payment Plan?
• A late fee of $50 will be assessed for each late payment received after the due date.
7. When is my payment due for the 3 Payment Plan?
• Notifications are sent via email 7 days before your payment is due. If you did not enroll in the “autopay” option, you will be responsible for making your payment by the due date.
8. Can I update my method of payment?
• You may update your method of payment at any time by logging into CASHNet via your E-bill. You may pay with a checking account and or credit/debit card.
9. Can I change the due dates of the 3 Payment Plan?
• No. The payment due dates are pre-determined each semester for the 3 Payment Plan. You will receive a notification via email 7 days prior to the bill due date. Late payments are subject to a $50 late fee and may result in an account hold.
3rd Party Billing Sponsors
If you have a 3rd party billing sponsor to pay for your costs, you must submit the approved billing authorization or Purchase Order to the us in the Student Service Center prior to or at the time of your registration. These documents can be submitted the following ways:Fax: 617-989-4201, Attn: Student Service Center
Mail: Wentworth Institute of Technology Attn: Student Service Center 550 Huntington Ave Boston, MA, 02115
NOTE: It is your responsibility to confirm with your 3rd party sponsor every semester to make sure your billing authorization is valid.
If you have questions regarding the 3rd party billing process please contact the Student Service Center at 617-989-4020.
Massachusetts law requires that all students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester be covered by a school sponsored health insurance plan.
All students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester will automatically be billed for the student insurance plan. If you are already covered by an alternate plan that offers comparable coverage and would like to waive the college plan, you MUST complete the Health Insurance Waiver by the billing due date for the term in which the charge is applied. The waiver can be completed at the following website:
Once the waiver is completed, a credit will be added to your bill for the amount of the health insurance. Failure to complete the online waiver by the bill due date will result in a mandated health insurance charge. You will then be responsible for paying any outstanding balance in full.
Complete information can be found on our website at the following page:
Tuition Proration Schedule
Should you decide not to attend class for a given semester and you officially withdraw from that class your tuition will be prorated based on the following schedule
For Degree Courses or 15-week Workforce Training Courses1st week of classes: Reverse 100% of tuition charge.
2nd week of classes: Reverse 75% of tuition charge.
3rd week of classes: Reverse 50% of tuition charge.
4th week of classes: Reverse 25% of tuition charge.
5th week of classes and beyond: There will be NO reversal of any tuition charges.
For 6-week or 7-week Workforce Training Courses
1st week of classes: Reverse 100% of tuition charge
2nd week of classes: Reverse 50% of tuition charge
3rd week of classes and beyond: There will be NO reversal of any tuition charges.
Please note: non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal. Tuition and Fees will not be adjusted until the we receive your official withdrawal request. To review the complete policy, please visit the following link: