Financial Aid for Professional and Continuing Education Students
We realize that for many people seeking an education, financial aid is essential. In fact, more than 75 percent of our students receive financial aid.
To be considered for financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. However, you must be accepted into one of our degree programs in order to receive notification of your actual financial aid award. Filling out the FAFSA early and in a accurate manner ensures timely processing as the FAFSA
requires up to 6 weeks to process.
How and When to File
To complete the FAFSA and to obtain a PIN number, you should visit the following website: http://www.fafsa.gov. Wentworth’s Federal School Code is 002225.
Detailed instructions on how to file your FAFSA form can be found on our Applying for Aid page. Instructions for filing for financial aid are the same for all students. You will want to file your FAFSA form as soon as possible based on your student type below.
- Prospective students: If you are seeking financial aid you should fill out the FAFSA before or during the time of your admissions application.
- Accepted Students: If you are seeking financial aid and did not complete a FAFSA during the time of your initial application you will want to fill it out as soon as possible before class registration.
- Returning Students: You can fill out the FAFSA form according to information on our Applying for Aid page. Your priority deadline as a returning student is May 1st. You will want to file your FAFSA by that date for the following academic year. Please note that if you miss the priority deadline the FAFSA form can still be filed at any time before or during an academic year.
Financial Aid Eligibility
If you have any questions as to whether or not you qualify for Federal Financial aid please visit our Financial Aid Eligibility Page.
How To View Your Financial Aid & Accept Your Award For Admitted Students Who Have Completed The FAFSA
1. Log online to http://lconnect.wit.edu
2. Enter your username and password as provided to you on your acceptance letter (The temporary password must be reset before accessing Lconnect and can be done so through http://password.wit.edu)
3. Click on “Leopardweb” at the top left of the screen.
4. Click on the “Financial Aid” tab at the top of the screen.
5. From the menu click on “Award”
6. Click on “Award for Aid Year”
7. Select the current academic year for "Award Year"
8. Click on the “Accept Award Offer” tab to review your award and accept/decline funds.
Options for accepting award offers include:
1. Accept the full award amount by selecting Accept Full Amount of All Awards.
2. Choose Decline or Accept for each fund.
3. Accept a partial amount by selecting Accept and entering the amount in the Accept Partial Amount field.
After You've Accepted Your Financial Aid
You will need to complete your Stafford loan Entrance Counseling and your Master Promissory Note (MPN). These requirements can be fulfilled at Studentloans.gov. You will need to log in to the site using the same pin number you created when you filed your FAFSA form. If you do not complete these requirements your financial aid will not disburse to your account.
Financial Aid Verification
About one third of all students get selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education. If you are selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, you will be notified on your Student Aid Report and/or will receive a missing information letter from the Wentworth Financial Aid Office.
You must submit all requested documents as soon as possible, or any financial aid you may have been awarded will be canceled.
You cannot receive financial aid until your information has been verified. It is your responsibility to make sure that your verification has been completed.
For a full list of the verification documentation needed to complete your financial aid package please visit our Financial Aid Verification Page. Please Note: As a College of Professional and Continuing Education student the August 1st deadline does not apply to you. Please submit all requested verification documents as soon as possible. Failure to submit verification documents could result in the cancellation of your class schedule.
How To Check If You Need To Turn In Verification Paperwork
1. Log online to http://lconnect.wit.edu
2. Click on “Leopardweb” at the top left of the screen.
3. Click on the “Financial Aid” Tab
4. Click on “Eligibility”
5. Select “Student Requirements”
6. You may download the requested forms using our Forms Page.
If you choose to return the required forms by mail send them to:Student Service Center 550 Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02115
If you choose to return the required forms via fax our fax number is (617) 989-4201.