- How to Register
- Address Changes
- Academic Calendar (current)
- Academic Calendar 2014-2015, College of Professional and Continuing Education
- Academic Calendar 2015-2016
- Academic Calendar 2013-2014
- Transfer and Withdraw from Wentworth
- Apostille Certification Process
- Duplicate Diploma Requests
Alumni who plan to work abroad, apply for visas, or return to their home country may be required to produce documentation certifying the degree(s) or diploma(s) earned at Wentworth Institute of Technology. The Registrar's Office can provide a letter of Degree/Diploma Authentication, and notarize your diploma. In some cases, officials may request an apostille, which is a document issued by a designated governmental authority that authenticates the documents (in this case, authenticating the authority of Wentworth to produce and authenticate its documents and the authority of the Notary Public to perform their duties).
The Letter of Degree/Diploma Authentication contains the following information:
- the degree recipient's name
- the degree(s) earned
- the date(s) of degree confirmation
- the official signature of the University Registrar
- the statement that Wentworth Institute of Technology considers the document to carry weight equal to that of an actual diploma
- notarization by a Notary Public with an active commission from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Once this process is completed, the document(s) are returned to the requestor or the requestor's personal designee.
You may request this letter by email to email@example.com. At a minimum, your request must include your name, the year you graduated from Wentworth, and the address to which you would like the letter sent. If the receiving country requires specific language in the letter, this must also be included with your request. Please allow one to three business days to fulfill your request.
If you are required to produce a notarized official transcript, please complete the transcript request and note on the form that the transcript needs to be notarized. Please allow one to three business days to fulfill your request.
If you are required to produce a notarized copy of your diploma, you may also attached a scanned copy to your email. If you need to obtain a duplicate diploma, please complete the request form to have another diploma issued to you (we do not have copies of diplomas on file). Note that the diploma will take four to six weeks to be delivered.
Some receiving countries may require an apostille in addition to the documents provided by Wentworth. It is the responsibility of the requestor to determine if an apostille is necessary and determine the best way to have an apostille produced. The Massachusetts Secretary of State can produce apostilles, as can district courts. Please refer to this page for a full list of US authorities authorized to issue apostilles. We are unable to submit documentation on your behalf.