- How to Register
- Address Changes
- Academic Calendar 2014-2015
- Academic Calendar (current)
- Academic Calendar 2013-2014, College of Professional and Continuing Education
- Academic Calendar 2012-2013
- Transfer and Withdraw from Wentworth
- Apostille Certification Process
- Duplicate Diploma Requests
Apostille Document Certification
Alumni who plan to work abroad, apply for visas, or return to their home country may be required to produce documentation certifying the degree(s) or diploma(s) earned at Wentworth Institute of Technology.
The Office of the Registrar will produce an Apostille or Letter of Degree/Diploma Authentication upon request. All documents contain:
- the degree recipient's name
- the degree(s) earned
- the date(s) of degree confirmation
- the official signature of the University Registrar
- the statement that Wentworth Institute of Technology considers the document to carry weight equal to that of an actual diploma
The document is notarized, verifying the authenticity of the university official's signature on the document.
After producing the Apostille or Letter of Authentication, the document is returned to the requestor or the requestor's personal designee. Depending upon which country requires the document, further validation may be necessary. It is the responsibility of the requestor to determine what level of validation is needed and how to obtain it. Our office is unable to send documents directly to the Massachusetts Secretary of State, or US Department of State on your behalf, as there are fees and additional requirements involved.
Information regarding the Hague Convention and participating countries: http://hcch.net/index_en.php?act=states.listing
Information regarding further authentication can be obtained from the US Department of State, Authentications Office: http://state.gov/m/a/auth/c16921.htm.
It may be necessary to have documents validated through the Massachusetts Secretary of State. Please visit this website for more information: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/precom/apostille_and_certification_information.pdf.
To request an Apostille or Letter of Degree/Diploma Authentication:
- Email your request to email@example.com. Provide your full name and year of graduation from Wentworth Institute of Technology. Your document will be mailed back to you, or designee. Please provide the address where you would like the document mailed. If there are specific details or wording required in the document, please include this information. Please plan on the process taking 1-3 business days.
- If you require your diploma authenticated, attach a scanned copy of the diploma to the email. The university does not retain copies. Ordering a duplicate diploma in the event of loss or destruction takes 6-8 weeks. Information regarding duplicate diplomas can be found here: http://www.wit.edu/ssc/registration/duplicate-diploma.html
To obtain a notarized transcript and/or verification letter, complete the appropriate form located here and indicate specifically that you require a notary signature: http://www.wit.edu/ssc/registration/transcripts.html