- New Students
- Paying Your Bill
- Health Insurance
- Financial Aid Eligibility
- Financial Aid Verification
- Alternative Loans
- Borrowing Resources
Massachusetts law requires that all students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on Co-op) be covered by a school sponsored health insurance plan. For any questions in regards to the health services provided to students on campus please visit our Healthy Living page.
- A Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is available through Wentworth. The SHIP offers exceptional coverage at an outstanding value compared to most options available to students. For coverage details including costs, benefits, exclusions, any reductions or limitations, please refer to the plan information located at www.uhcsr.com/wentworth or call 800-977-4698.
- All students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on Co-op) will automatically be billed for the student insurance plan.
- If you are already covered by an alternate plan that offers comparable coverage and would like to waive the college plan, you MUST complete the Health Insurance Waiver which is located on-line at www.studentcenter.uhcsr.com/wentworth by the billing due date for the term in which the charge is applied (below). Once the waiver is completed, a credit will be added to your account to offset the charge on your bill. The health insurance waiver is required to be completed EVERY year.
Failure to complete the online waiver by the bill due date will result in a mandated health insurance charge. Students will then be responsible for paying any outstanding balance in full.
- If you wish to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan, complete the on-line enrollment form located at https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/wentworth. You must pay the premium in full before enrolling in the health insurance plan.
- Any questions regarding the billing process should be directed to the Student Service Center (617-989-4020).
- Wentworth requires international students to be enrolled in the college plan (SHIP).
- Dependent coverage is available for dependents of students who enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Rates for dependents can be found on-line at www.uhcsr.com/wentworth.
- The law does not recognize out of state Medicaid coverage as comparable insurance and therefore it will not qualify for the waiver. In addition most state sponsored health plans (MassHealth, Connecticare,etc...) will not cover students who are eligible to receive health insurance coverage through their colleges and universities. Students who use these types of plans to fill out the health insurance waiver will be denied. In cases where these state sponsored health plans will continue their coverage for the student, additional documentation from the insurance provider will be needed to qualify for the waiver.
The Wentworth Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) provides reasonable premium rates for students and dependents. For benefit details, visit www.UHCSR.com/wentworth or call 800-977-4698. The college plan (SHIP) is underwritten by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company and administered by UnitedHealthCare StudentResources.