The Student Service Center is a one-stop-shop where you can get help for everything from registering for your classes to paying your bills. We are made up of the Registrar’s staff, the Financial Aid staff, the Billing staff (Student Financial Services), and International Student Services. We are also home to friendly, knowledgeable and caring Student Service Representatives who can help you with all of your questions and process your payments.
The Financial Aid staff is dedicated to counseling students and families on the different types of financial aid available to them. Over 80% of our students receive some form of financial aid to help make the educational investment in their future more affordable.
We offer guidance on:
- Completion of the FAFSA
- Federal and Private Student Loans
- Scholarship and Grant Information
- Student Employment
- Financial Literacy (Debt Management, Loan Consolidation and Repayment)
Billing (Student Financial Services)
We are counselors who are committed to assisting you and your families in developing a financial plan that helps you pay your tuition bill. Working closely with your Financial Aid Counselor, we can help you figure out how to best combine your financial aid package with alternative loans, parent loans, and with a monthly payment plan through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to settle your financial obligations to us.
We are also responsible for the overall maintenance of your tuition account. This includes:
- Generating your E-Bill
- Taking your payments
- Issuing refunds if you have overpaid your tuition account
- Initiating collection activity on unpaid accounts
The Office of the Registrar's mission is to facilitate the educational process by assisting students, faculty, and staff by providing:
- a welcoming and encouraging service environment, in person and via other modes of contact;
- accurate and timely processing of data related to course offerings, registration and academic records;
- support and advice regarding academic policies and procedures;
- data to a variety of constituents, in support of the academic decision making process;
- security and privacy for the university's academic records, including advice and training for faculty and staff on privacy issues;
The Office of the Registrar supports the overall educational goals of the Institute by providing these critical components in the academic support structure. We act as a "behind the scenes" facilitator for faculty, students, and staff as they pursue the academic goals of the university.
International Student Services
We work to support F-1 international students at Wentworth in maintaining their legal non-immigrant status in the United States. We strive to ensure a smooth transition to life in the U.S. and at Wentworth. We are also available to assist students individually with any personal, social, and academic needs during their studies here. Students wishing to study abroad work with us to create self-designed programs that fit their degrees and schedules. We also help WIT welcome and support exchange students from partner institutions around the world.
Our office helps international students in the following ways:
- Travel signatures for F-1 students traveling outside of the United States
- Information and assistance with working legally on- and off-campus.
- Annual multi-day international student orientation at the beginning of the Fall semester
- Social and informational events and programming throughout the year
- Walk-in international student advisor hours three times a week in the Student Service Center