October 01, 2013
Wentworth Marks Departures, Welcomes New Members
The Wentworth community recently marked the respective retirements of two longtime members in Larry Carr and Barbara Bourque.
Carr, who served as the dean of the College of Professional and Continuing Education, was celebrated on August 22 in Dobbs Hall. Carr was instrumental in establishing Wentworth Online, as well as two Master of Science programs in Construction Management and Facility Management. His final day at the Institute was August 31.
Friends, family, and colleagues of Barbara Bourque, meanwhile, celebrated her 31 years at Wentworth on September 13, the same day as her retirement. Bourque served as the assistant to the dean in the College of Engineering and Technology. Her celebration took place in Rubenstein Hall. Bourque related that she plans to travel and spend more time with her grandchildren.
With the news of Larry Carr and Barbara Bourque departing, however, the Wentworth community would like to welcome its newest faculty and staff members:
- Annemarie Delgado, director of sponsored programs, Provost's Office
- Rachel Freedline, admissions counselor, Admissions
- Derek Lewis, admissions assistant, Admissions
- Christine Cuddemi, admissions counselor, Admissions
- Mary Malerba, admissions counselor, CPCE
- Sukanya Basu, Applied Math
- Barry Husowitz, Applied Math
- Kathleen Grace Kennedy, Applied Math
- Rachel Maitra, Applied Math
- Anne Catrin Schultz, Architecture
- Sally Shady, Biomedical Engineering
- William Kearney, Construction Management
- Lisa Falvey, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Jody Gordon, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Nicholas Park, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Kristen Rosero, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Stephen Chomyszak, Mechanical Engineering
- Sara Albeik, Sciences