Ask Us a Question
Two New Resources: University Press Scholarship Online and Oxford Reference Library. Tell us what you think!
The Alumni Library is pleased to announce the trials of two resources: University Press Scholarship Online and Oxford Reference Library. The Wentworth community can enjoy access to these resources from on and off campus through February 16, 2014. Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Press Scholarship Online is a vast and rapidly expanding cross-searchable library which offers quick and easy access to the full text of over 14,000+ academic monographs in 28 subject areas covering the humanities, social sciences, medicine, and law from nine leading university presses. UPSO offers an unparalleled research tool, making disparately published scholarship easily accessible, highly discoverable, and fully cross-searchable via a single online platform. Research that previously would have required a user to jump between a variety of books and disconnected websites can now be concentrated through the UPSO search engine.
Key Features Include:
- Keywords and abstracts available at book and chapter level for at-a-glance access to the content
- Extensive search and browse options, with enhanced filtering, to streamline the research process
- Create shortcuts to favorite books chapters, and commonly used searches within a personalization area
- Share chapters, abstracts, titles and search results with colleagues using integrated tools including social bookmarking options, citation export and DOIs for direct linking
- Follow new paths for further enquiry, by expanding search results to include titles from other university presses
Oxford Reference is the home of Oxford’s quality reference publishing, bringing together over 2 million entries, many of which are illustrated, into a single cross-searchable resource. With a fresh and modern look and feel, and specifically designed to meet the needs and expectations of reference users, Oxford Reference provides quality, up-to-date reference content at the click of a button. Made up of two main collections, both fully integrated and cross-searchable, Oxford Reference couples Oxford’s trusted A-Z reference material with an intuitive design to deliver a discoverable, up-to-date, and expanding reference resource.