Library Quick Search
Find books, videos, and print journals in the Alumni Library
How Do I...?
Equipment and Facilities
The printers in the library are called 08-201HP9050-A and 08-201HP9050-B. The color printers in the computer lab are 08-318XEROX550-A and 08-318XEROX550-B.
- For Windows XP or earlier, click "Start" and then click "Run".
- For Windows 7, click "Start" and the "Search Programs and Files" search box opens.
- Type in \\wit.private\netlogon.
- For students, double click on the file "students.bat" and click "Run".
- For staff/faculty, double click on the file "facstaff.bat" and click "Run".
- Your P-Drive should be listed in My Computer. 500Mb is your file size limit.
- Under "Go" on the top navigation, select "Connect to Server".
- For students, type in smb://ntwit03/users/username.
- For staff/faculty, type in smb://ntwit02/users/username.
- Click "Connect".
- Find your user name on the folder list.
- The folder is your P-Drive. 500Mb is your file size limit.
PC and Mac
- For students, type in https://access.wit.edu/students/username in your web browser's address bar.
- For faculty and staff, type in https://access.wit.edu/staff/username in your web browser's address bar.
To access your skydrive, go to http://skydrive.live.com. Bookmark this page for easy access in the future. Log into this site with your email credentials.
If your laptop/device is enabled for wireless connectivity, it should automatically connect to the WIT wireless network. For more information, see Connecting to the Wireless Network.
No. There are two color printers in the Computer Lab located on the 3rd floor of Beatty Hall. The printer names are 08-318XEROX550-A and 08-318XEROX550-B.
Yes. There are two black & white photocopiers and one color photocopier. You need Fenway Cash to use these photocopiers.
There are three scanners.
There is no fax machine in the library. There is a public fax machine at the switchboard.
To reserve the program room please call the Reference Desk at 989-4040 (menu #3).
The study rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
Your student ID serves as library card. If you are a transfer student or College of Professional and Continuing Education student, you’ll need to bring your ID to the Circulation Desk and fill out a registration form. New faculty and staff also need to fill out the form.
To log in to your account, enter the barcode number on your WIT student ID and your last name.
Log in to your library account, select items you wish to renew, and click "Request Renewal". You can renew items 3 times if no one else is requesting the items.
Go to the record of the item in the Library Catalog and click on the Make a Request on the right.
If your request is urgent, please contact Circulation Desk at ext. 3040. We will try to recall the item.
If the item is at one of the FLO libraries, go to the record of the item in the library catalog and click on the Make a Request on the right. Enter the barcode number on your WIT student ID and your last name to log in to your account and select a pickup location.
If the item is not in the library catalog, fill out the interlibrary loan form.
In the library catalog, go to the Course Reserve tab and search by instructor, department or course. Course reserves are located behind the Circulation Desk.
The current issues of journals and magazines are in the Periodical Section. The back issues are kept in closed stacks and you need to request them at the Circulation Desk. All issues of journals and magazines are for use in the library only.
Search in the Library Catalog.
You will be prompted to log in when you access the databases from off-campus. Use your network login credentials, which are your email ID and password. If you have difficulties accessing resources please call the Reference Desk at 989-4040 (menu #3).
Please send us your purchase suggestions. Include as much of the following information as you can as it will help us find exactly what you want.