May 07, 2012

Graduate Feature: Danyson Tavares

Master of Architecture

What did you enjoy most about your program?
The most enjoyable thing about the program was to watch myself grow both as a designer and as a more responsible young adult. 

What was your most memorable college experience?
The most memorable college experience was commuting from Brockton every day for five years. It was a struggle every single day, but it made me stronger and made me realize how bad I wanted the education I was pursuing. 

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?
If you really want something, you can have it. Despite anything obstacle that is thrown your way you control the outcome based on what you do yourself. 

What did you like best about co-op, where did you do it, what was your position?
I was an intern at a design-build architecture firm. The best thing about the co-op was to gain field experience in architecture and see how things are actually put together, which is something that cannot be learned in the classroom. 

What are your future plans?
My future plans are to one day own my own firm, but in the meantime to take every day as an extension of my education and build on what I learned at Wentworth. 

What’s your reaction to graduating from college?
As a graduating member of the master’s program in architecture, I am extremely excited. It is something I always wanted and to finally know that I did it is a feeling that can never be explained.