May 07, 2012

Graduate Feature: Patricia Riley

Master of Science in Construction Management

What did you enjoy most about your program?
I enjoyed being back in the classroom after 20 years and interacting with my fellow students and the professors. 

What was your most memorable college experience?
I just got back from presenting a paper I wrote for a class this past summer at the Associated Schools of Construction Annual Conference that was held at Birmingham City University, Birmingham, UK. 

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?
This time around, I was much better about working and studying in a group instead of trying to do it all myself. 

What are your future plans?
I will continue to run my business with some new ideas. I also plan to enter the classroom as a teacher on a part-time basis. 

What’s your reaction to graduating from college?
I'm excited to be receiving my master’s degree. 

Additional thoughts/reflections/perspective?
My experience in the master’s program at Wentworth has been great. I've met great people, both students and professors. We were the first class to receive a master’s degree in construction management and it’s been exciting to watch the program evolve and have input into the process. Since I've expressed my career goals, the faculty and staff at Wentworth have gone out of their way to provide me with experiences to help meet those goals.