August 18, 2011

Graduate Profile Adam Underwood

Headshot of AdamCollege of Professional and Continuing Education
Construction Management

What did you enjoy most about your program?
For me, the most enjoyable part of this program was the dynamic classroom environment. My classmates were a diverse group of industry professionals which provided for spirited and informed discussions of very current and relevant topics. Class sizes were small and camaraderie was high, as we all shared the common goal of earning a degree while maintaining our daily lives.

What was your most memorable college experience?
My most memorable experience was attending the annual awards ceremony and being honored with the “Outstanding Baccalaureate Degree Student” award. After years of balancing school and work, the day to day grind can make you lose sight of what you are really working for, but that night, I knew that all of my hard work had paid off and would continue to do so.

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?
Wentworth has given me the opportunity to learn and develop all of the technical skills needed to perform at a very high level, but the most important thing that I will take away is a thorough understanding of how to practically apply these skills by continuously developing unique solutions to real-world problems.

What are your future plans?
My wife and I will be relocating to Southern California in October to pursue new careers, experiences, and adventures.

What’s your reaction to graduating from college?
With an amazing sense of accomplishment, I am excited to put all of this hard work to good use.