August 18, 2011

Graduate Profile Angela Ngo

Headshot of AngelaArchitecture

What did you enjoy most about your program?
Architecture is an amazing major because the end result is never the same. Each student creates a completely unique design, and I love seeing how everybody interprets each project. It’s never boring and always inspiring.

What was your most memorable college experience?
Hands down, study abroad in Berlin was the best three months of my life. I experienced some of the world’s most renowned architecture, travelled to a new city every weekend, learned about different cultures, and met people I now consider friends.

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?
Never be afraid to take chances. I took advantage of all the opportunities I was given—joined clubs, joined the rifle team, took leadership positions, moved to LA, studied abroad. Of course I had doubts about leaving my comfort zone, but that’s the thrilling part; you never know what’s going to happen.

What did you like best about co-op, where did you do it, what was your position?
Co-op gave me the chance to utilize the skills I learned in studio, and in return, I learned about the process of designing and constructing a building. I did both of my co-ops with Behnisch Architekten in Boston and Los Angeles. Even though I was considered an intern, I was responsible for many presentation drawings and models.

What are your future plans?
Although I have been accepted into grad schools and had planned on going for my master’s after graduation, I have decided to take a break and work for a few years.

What’s your reaction to graduating from college?
I can’t believe how fast these four years have gone by. It’s a bittersweet moment realizing that we are now in the “real” world.