Java Security Update
Oracle has released an update (SE 7 Update 11) which contains important fixes to the security vulnerabilities that were discovered last week. We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
More information about the vulnerability can be found on the Oracle website.
On a PC
- To download and install the update, please visit: http://java.com/inc/BrowserRedirect1.jsp?locale=en
- You may need to click Run if you receive a security warning.
- Ensure that the Recommended Version 7 Update 11 is the update being installed.
- Click on Agree and Start Free Download.
On a Mac
- In System Preferences, click on Java.
- This window will open and then the Java Control Panel will open in another window.
- Verify which update you are installing. If you are not installing 7 Update 11, you will need to first install earlier versions and repeat the following steps until you have installed Update 11.
- Click on Install and Relaunch.
- Click on Install Update.
- Follow the prompts to Install the update.
- If you did not install 7 Update 11, click on Reopen the Java Control Panel and repeat steps 3-6 until you have installed Update 11.
- Install 7 Update 11.
Once you have completed Update 11, you have installed the update which addresses the security vulnerabilities.