Student Success Story
"The MSCM program at Wentworth has helped me to build advanced knowledge in the construction field and has also allowed me to gain valuable industry connections with both my fellow classmates and instructors."
Michael Seidenberg, MSCM Class of 2013
"One aspect of our classroom environment that is very beneficial to students is the ability to participate in group projects, which not only helps to build personal friendships, but also provides ample opportunities for professional networking amongst their peers."
Ilyas Bhatti, CPCE faculty member
Master of Science
The Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) at Wentworth Institute of Technology is designed to educate students in fundamental post-graduate management principles. Students will gain a strong understanding of construction and business management concepts, from pre-design through construction closeout.
Graduates of the MSCM program will be prepared to assume leadership positions across the construction industry. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, construction managers' median annual salary in Massachusetts was approximately $92,000 in 2010, and nationally the occupation is projected to grow at a faster than average rate of 17% through 2020.
The MSCM program is designed for working professionals, with online and on-campus delivery format options that allow students to complete the degree in less than two years while still being able to work full-time and fulfill their personal responsibilities.
A key feature of the program is the opportunity to build strong professional relationships. Our instructors are proven leaders in the field and many of them work full-time in the construction industry. Our students also work in construction and related industries, creating an ideal learning environment in which students learn from both their instructor and their peers.
Please note that the application deadline to be considered for Fall 2013 acceptance is July 1, 2013.
- Complete the Application online
- A current resume
- Official transcript(s) from any college(s) you have attended
- GRE or GMAT scores, if applicable
- Two (2) recommendations from a current or former employer
- $50 application fee
To be eligible for consideration for the Master of Science in Construction Management applicants must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in an ACCE accredited program in Construction Management, OR a bachelor’s degree with demonstrated competencies in Construction Estimating, Construction Scheduling, and Management
- MGMT800: Business Relations & HR Mgmt (3)
- MGMT810: Business Finance & Investments (3)
- MGMT820: Business Operations & Process Mgmt (3)
- MGMT830: Economics & International Business (3)
- CONMXXX: Modern Construction Delivery Meth (3)
- CONM810: Executive Management for CM (3)
- CONM840: Construction Law for CM (3)
- CONM830: Real Estate for CM (3)
- CM Elective (3)
- CONM890: Capstone Research in CM (3)
Program Total: 30 credits
Possible Elective Courses: International Business, Research Methods, Public Sector Construction, or a Facility Management Course