Student Success Story
"Wentworth is very convenient. The courses fit into my busy schedule and the timeframe for completing my degree aligned well with my goals."
Joe Masello, CPCE student
Benefits of Online Learning
There are numerous benefits to learning in an online environment.
- Convenient alternative to individuals who do not have the ability to regularly attend courses on campus; there are no time or geographical restrictions.
- Course content is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Allows everyone to participate in classroom discussions. Students who may be shy in a face-to-face classroom are much more likely to participate in an online course environment. This produces a greater diversity of opinion because everyone has a say; not just the most talkative.
- Students are able to reflect and put their ideas into writing, which leads to well-articulated course discussions.
- Participating in online courses can be much less intimidating for some students than in a face-to-face environment.
- It is easier for some students to approach their instructors online. Students are able to easily access their instructors through online discussions and email.