O*NET Interest Profiler
A self-assessment career exploration tool that can help you discover the type of work activities and jobs that you would like and would be excited about.
“What Can I Do With This Major?”
A comprehensive web resource featuring 80 majors. Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. Continue your research on majors and careers through the websites provided.
Resumes and Vitaes
- Resume Cheatsheet (PDF)
- Resume Guide by America’s Job Bank includes a great list of action words (PDF)
- Resume Writing by Purdue’s Online Writing Lab
- The Damn Good Resume Guide by Yana Parker and Beth Brown (book available in the Career Center)
- Resume Magic by Susan Britton Whitcomb (book available in the Career Center)
Cover Letters and Other Job Search Correspondence
- WITworks (of course we'd recommend the only job board specifically for Wentworth students and alumni)
The following are public sites great for job searching.
- Indeed (a great site to find jobs posted on other sites, including directly on company web sites)
- USAJOBS.gov (the go-to site for federal careers)