- Academic Programs
- Student Life
- Virtual Tour
- View Book
- Request Information
- Request Information (Transfer)
Wentworth Institute of Technology welcomes a diverse and talented incoming class each and every year. Students seeking technology-focused careers and who appreciate the role of technology in society find their way to the Wentworth campus in the heart of Boston.
Wentworth practices rolling admissions, which means we review applications as they are received. The application priority deadline for completed applications is February 15. After this date, some programs may be closed to further applications, please check with the Admissions Office for space availability in the area of your interest.
Applicants are reviewed based on the following criteria:
Official Transcript(s): Transcripts are only considered official if sent directly from the high school.
Standardized Tests: All students must take either the SAT or ACT. It is preferred that students send official scores directly from College Board, complete with the Essay Locator ID. Wentworth's College Board code is 3958. Scores may also be submitted directly from your guidance office.
Recommendation Letter(s): At least one recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher is required. A student may submit additional recommendations if they choose.
Personal Statement (College Essay): The essay may be submitted with an application, or sent separately by mail or email. The required length is 250-500 words. Please make sure your name is included on your essay.
Extracurricular Activities: Include all participation in community service activities, athletic teams, employment, and involvement in clubs and organizations.
Prerequisites: All applicants must complete a mathematics course of study through the Algebra II (2) level, at least one laboratory science course (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), and 4 years of English courses.
Students applying for Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electromechanical, Civil, Computer, Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering must also have taken, or currently be taking, Precalculus or Calculus.
- International and international transfer applicants, please visit the international admissions page for additional requirements.
- If you qualify for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) status, please visit our DACA page to learn more about applying and requirements.
- Transfer applicants, please visit the transfer page for additional requirements.
- Home schooled applicants, please visit the Home Schooled Student Admissions page.
- Wentworth does not require incoming first-year applicants to submit a portfolio for Interior Design, Industrial Design, or Architecture. However, transfer applicants who wish to be evaluated for possible transfer credit in design or drawing courses need to submit a portfolio.