Ask our Virtual Advisor
Do you have an admissions question? Ask our Virtual Advisor!
Just enter a full question (e.g. How do I apply?) below.
How to Apply
AT THIS TIME WENTWORTH IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FALL 2014 SEMESTER. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR THE FALL 2015 APPLICATION IN SEPTEMBER.
Benefits to applying online include:
- Secure server transaction for credit card or electronic funds transfer (e-check) to submit the $50 application fee
- Prompt acknowledgement response
- Quicker evaluation and decision review turn-around time
Additional features of our online application include the ability for you to:
- Work on the application over the course of multiple sessions by logging in and out with personal user ID account and password
- Upload a word document essay (required personal statement)
The following components must be submitted in order for an application file to be considered complete and evaluated:
- Completed Wentworth, Universal or Common Application form
- Official high school transcripts (transfer student applicants must supply a final high school transcript as well as transcripts from all other institutions of higher learning attended)
- Official SAT or ACT scores (standardized test scores are welcome but not required for transfer student applicants, unless within a year of high school graduation)
- Personal statement or essay (students may upload a pre-formatted Word document into the online application)
- Letter of recommendation from a high school guidance counselor or a teacher familiar with overall academic abilities (students may register their recommenders in the online application)
- Students who are not native English speakers must submit a TOEFL score or other recognized demonstration of English proficiency
- Please note that Precalculus/Trigonometry is a pre-requisite for students applying to Computer Science and for Electromechanical, Biomedical, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Precalculus (Calculus ready) is a pre-requisite.
Optional application components
Students may also submit:
- Additional letters of recommendation (e.g. teacher, employer, coach, etc.)
- Wentworth does not require incoming freshmen to submit a portfolio for Interior Design, Industrial Design, or Architecture. However, transfer students who wish to be evaluated for possible transfer credit in design or drawing courses need to submit a portfolio.
- Students who wish to be evaluated for AP, IB (International Baccalaureate), Test Prep, or CLEP credit, must submit an official copy of their transcript(s) and test results (if applicable) for credit evaluation