Ask our Virtual Advisor
Do you have an admissions question? Ask our Virtual Advisor!
Just enter a full question (e.g. How do I apply?) below.
English Proficiency Requirement
All applicants for whom English is not your native language must show proof of English proficiency. The following are ways to fulfill the English proficiency requirement:
- Obtain a score of 71 or higher on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language exam 1; or
- Obtain a score of 525 or higher on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam 1; or
- Obtain an overall score of 6, with no subscore below 5.5 on the International English Testing System (IELTS) offered by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and the British Council; or
- Obtain a score of 48 or higher on the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic); or
- Study for 3 years or more at an English language-based high school (e.g. an IB school, a US high school, an American high school abroad, etc.)
- Complete college English I and II at a United States college or university and obtain a grade of C or higher; or
- Complete the highest level of a Wentworth recognized Intensive English Program and have the recommendation of the program director. Our preferred program is EC Boston:
729 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: (617) 247-3033
Fax: (617) 247-2959
1Official TOEFL results must be sent directly to Wentworth from the Educational Testing Service (ETS), http://www.ets.org/toefl. The student copy is not sufficient. Wentworth's school code is 3958.
For more information, please contact:
Office of Admissions
Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Telephone: 617-989-4000 or 800-556-0610