Greetings from Wentworth Institute of Technology !
STEM Discovery Workshop
The STEM Discovery Workshop for high school students is a one day workshop for high school students being offered by Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, Massachusetts during Spring 2011. This workshop was developed to inspire students’ interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
This workshop aims to introduce students to some of the fields in STEM disciplines, and to the professional opportunities that can be pursued by studying STEM subjects.
Students attending the STEM Discovery Workshop will be introduced to following disciplines:
- Applied Mathematics
- Science and Bioinformatics,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering, and
The material covered in this workshop will hopefully give a good insight to high school students about several professions and disciplines and may be useful in helping them deciding upon the course of study in college.
For the Spring of 2011, Wentworth is offering three sessions of the STEM Discovery Workshop from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at Wentworth Institute of Technology, 550 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115.
There is no cost for attending this one day STEM Discovery Workshop. Lunch and some refreshments will be provided to participants during the workshop.
Please note that this is a limited enrolment workshop and spaces are reserved on a first come basis. In case you are planning to attend this workshop, please register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. After the workshop is filled to capacity, students will be placed on wait list.
Workshops will be held an Saturdays April 2, April 9 and May 7 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
To register for this workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the following information:
- Student's first name:
- Student's last name:
- Student's cell phone number (if available):
- Student's email:
- Contact Information
- Student's home address :
- Student's home phone number:
- Workshop Choice
- First choice for date of workshop:
- Second choice for date of workshop (if any):
- Third choice for date of workshop (if any) :
- Name of parent/guardian 1 :
- Contact phone # of parent/guardian 1:
- Email of parent/guardian 1:
- Name of parent/ guardian 2/ alternative contact person :
- Contact phone # of parent/ guardian 2/ alternative contact person:
- Email of parent/guardian 2/ alternative contact person:
- Food allergies if any:
- Any other relevant information /comments: